Friday, February 27, 2015

Fresh off the easel!

I feel so productive this week! Today I finished a still life painting:

The Key And The Cup
9x12, Oil on Panel

If you have been following along, it may seem like I actually finished two paintings within a week. I should let you believe that. But to be honest, I've been working on this painting on and off while working on "Surrendered to Daylight".

Painting tarnished silver is so much fun. There is so much color and depth to play with. This still life was painted directly from life, as most of my still lives are. I bumped the set-up a few times, knocking the cup around. Usually it is a major problem if anything in the set-up moves even the slightest bit. I'm either lucky or getting better at my craft, because it was not an issue. (I'm going with "lucky" by the way)

This weekend I'll be starting my next figure painting. It's going to be another self-portrait, but a lot different than the last self-portrait. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment