Monday, February 2, 2015

Growing up is for grownups

I tried, I really did. I had a job at a bank. I woke up with an alarm, showed up on time, attended mandatory meetings, drove that 45 minutes home. I did it all over again the next day. I got my weekly paycheck, health care, retirement. I hated every minute of it. I felt guilty for hating it. It was a good job, with good people. It just wasn't for me.

I don't regret leaving. I don't miss it at all. I don't miss trying to be a grown up.

I still have a slight twinge of fear of what others think of me. This society is so strange, telling us to be individuals but shaming us for being unique. Fortunately for me, today I didn't care.

What an artist does on her day off.

Yup, that's me. Out in the snow. Building a snow dragon.

Snow sculpture!

I don't have kids. I can't use the excuse "it's for the children". No. It's for me.

Snow Dragon

All in all it took around 2 and a half hours. I didn't want to stop, there was much more detail I wanted to add. But blizzard conditions started setting in and my jacket was water logged. I went back inside to warm up with a nice cup of herbal tea. Back to being a grown up, sorta.











No comments:

Post a Comment