Monday, July 27, 2015

Look For Me At Women Painting Women 2015 RJD Gallery

Yesterday was one of those laid back Sundays where you leave the World Wide Web to fend for itself, and enjoy the day....unplugged. I finally got around to going to the Vintage Faire Market which is held on the last Sunday of the month. It's only a few miles from my house, but I always forget to pay attention to which Sunday is the last Sunday.  I found some stuff to include in upcoming paintings, so, well worth going.

In the afternoon I put together another miniature garden. I'm obsessed with miniature gardens.



Then, late in the afternoon I had some down time and decided to pick up my phone and see what was happening on Facebook. A short scroll down and I saw my friend Shana Levenson announced one of her works had been accepted to the Women Painting Women 2015 exhibition at RJD Gallery. I submitted to that exhibition. I had not checked my e-mail all day.

Whenever you need to open an e-mail right away it takes FOREVER, but I saw the subject line....."Congratulations". Now, I would like to say that I handled the news with restrain and dignity. But I did not. I let out a loud squeal. I may or may not have ran through the house screaming "YES!".  My painting "The Fall" has been accepted.

The Fall

The exhibition opens October 10th. For now the only info on the gallery's site is the call for entries here. I will be updating the blog as soon as I get more information. 

For now, if you will excuse me, I have a flight to schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment